About the Role
Are you up for a challenge within the field of Marketing and Communication? We're looking for a talented Graphic Designer to join our Communications team!
You are our next Graphic Designer if you are looking to gain experience within:
- Visual communication for a non-profit
- Developing content that accurately reflects company ideals
- Clear and effective communication
- Idea development with a team
The DANSIC Comms/Marketing Department:
The Communications department is responsible for capturing and creating content for DANSIC in various formats and through several channels, expressing and promoting our message outward. You will work in tandem across the organization to follow the progress, document the hardships, and celebrate the triumphs #celebratesuccess. You will take care of our external communication in our social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), and our website, to increase the awareness of DANSIC.
As a Graphic Designer in the Communications Team of DANSIC, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a team of talented young professionals that all will be working towards the same goal. You will be responsible, together with other Communications volunteers, to shape the visual aspects of the DANSIC and DANSIC22 identity. Your graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message. We are looking for someone with a creative flair and a strong ability to translate ideas into design. If you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, we’d love to talk with you!
We're looking for someone who...
- Is interested in gaining experience being a part of a team of Communication and Marketing volunteers
- Communicates effectively through visual aspects and designs, with an eye for aesthetics and details
- Is familiar with design software and technologies (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and/or Canva)
- Currently is a Bachelor’s / Master’s student or a recent graduate
- Would like to support social innovation, art and sustainability
- Is able to attend the weekly meeting in your crew every Tuesday evening
- Can undertake some ad hoc tasks during the week
- Can be a part of DANSIC from fall 2021 until late spring 2022, when our Annual General Meeting will be held (this is a must!)
As our Communications Team - Graphic Designer, your responsibilities involve (but not limit to):
- Conceptualize visual ideas
- Help to create a brand around the DANSIC22 event with fellow Graphic Designers and Communications Executive
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas to the Comms team
- Develop graphics, logos and other designs as needed
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic that corresponds with the DANSIC and DANSIC22 brand identity
- Work with Communications Executive, Content Writers, Social Media Manager and other members of the Comms team to produce final designs
- Work with graphic designers in Events Department to maintain a strong brand identity across departments
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Expand your professional network inside and outside DANSIC
- Socializing together over casual pizzas, Friday bars, Christmas lunches, etc.
- Access to an office venue at Station in Frederiksberg
- Use content made for DANSIC to strengthen your own portfolio
- A recommendation letter from the DANSIC Board for your CV and/or Linkedin
- Use DANSIC for your own professional and personal growth
Ready to apply?
Applicants will be invited on an ongoing basis for a friendly interview until the position is filled, so apply as soon as possible!
Tell us in a few lines why you want to be a part of DANSIC. Please also attach your CV, Portfolio (if applicable), and LinkedIn profile.
Don't think this position is the right fit, but still want to get involved? No worries we have other positions in the Communications Crew open as well!
For more information or questions please contact us at email@example.com
We don't have any formal requirements but, you are DANSIC volunteer of the month if you:
Attend the weekly meeting in your crew every Tuesday evening (can be changed at the team's convinience);
Undertake some ad hoc tasks during the week;
Attend the monthly social day for all of DANSIC's volunteers;
Be a part of DANSIC from fall 2021 until late spring 2022, when our Annual General Meeting will be held.
About the Company
DANSIC is a non-profit volunteer led organization that explores the opportunities and challenges of social innovation and entrepreneurship. This year we are working on bringing together the idea of art as a product of recycled materials.
As a volunteer in DANSIC, you will be part of an ambitious group of volunteers from various universities, nationalities and professional backgrounds, all caring about sustainability and social innovation.
DANSIC22’s goal is to promote the necessity of reclaimed and secondhand materials in making the world a less wasteful place through the “Art of Recycling”.
To learn more about DANSIC and to see our past projects, go to: