About the Role
Are you up for a challenge within the field of Marketing and Communication? We're looking for a talented Social Media Specialist to join our Communications team!
You are our next Social Media Specialist if you are looking to gain experience within:
- Marketing and Communication for a non-profit
- SoMe Strategy and Management
The DANSIC Comms/Marketing Department:
The Communications department is responsible for capturing and creating content for DANSIC in various formats and through several channels, expressing and promoting our message outward. You will work in tandem across the organization to follow the progress, document the hardships, and celebrate the triumphs #celebratesuccess. You will take care of our external communication in our social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), and our website, to increase the awareness of DANSIC.
As the Social Media Specialist in DANSIC, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a team of talented young professionals that all will be working towards the same goal. You will be responsible, together with other Communications volunteers, of creating, maintaining, and promoting the DANSIC22 brand for our annual activity to ensure that DANSIC ends up with a positive result in the end.
We're looking for someone who...
- Is interested in gaining experience being a part of a team of Communication and Marketing volunteers
- Currently is a Bachelor’s / Master’s student or a recent graduate
- Would like to support social innovation, art and sustainability
- Is able to attend the weekly meeting in your crew every Tuesday evening
- Can undertake some ad hoc tasks during the week
- Can be a part of DANSIC from fall 2021 until late spring 2022, when our Annual General Meeting will be held (this is a must!)
As our Social Media Specialist, your responsibilities involve (but not limit to):
- Help drive a multi-channel SoMe strategy for the Comms. department together with your Executive member
- Maintain the DANSIC22 brand
- Develop, implement and manage social media strategy after conducting competitive research, platform determination, messaging and audience identification
- Plan, create, publish and share new content that builds meaningful stakeholder connections, increases DANSIC's awareness and encourages community members to engage
- Collaborate with the Events teams to develop social media campaigns
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Monitor SEO and customer engagement and suggest content optimization
- Employ strategies with paid ads and marketing tools
- Create social media calendars
- Work with copywriters and designers to ensure content is informative, interesting and fun!
- Expand your professional network inside and outside DANSIC
- Socializing together over casual pizzas, Friday bars, Christmas lunches, etc.
- Access to an office venue at Station in Frederiksberg
- Use content made for DANSIC to strengthen your own portfolio
- A recommendation letter from the DANSIC Board for your CV and/or Linkedin
- Use DANSIC for your own professional and personal growth
Ready to apply?
Applicants will be invited on an ongoing basis for a friendly interview until the position is filled, so apply as soon as possible!
Tell us in a few lines why you want to be a part of DANSIC. Please also attach your CV, Portfolio (if applicable), and LinkedIn profile.
Don't think this position is the right fit, but still want to get involved? No worries we have other positions in the Communications Crew open as well!
For more information or questions please contact us at email@example.com
We don't have any formal requirements but, you are DANSIC volunteer of the month if you:
Attend the weekly meeting in your crew every Tuesday evening (can be changed at the team's convinience);
Undertake some ad hoc tasks during the week;
Attend the monthly social day for all of DANSIC's volunteers;
Be a part of DANSIC from fall 2021 until late spring 2022, when our Annual General Meeting will be held.
About the Company
DANSIC is a non-profit volunteer led organization that explores the opportunities and challenges of social innovation and entrepreneurship. This year we are working on bringing together the idea of art as a product of recycled materials.
As a volunteer in DANSIC, you will be part of an ambitious group of volunteers from various universities, nationalities and professional backgrounds, all caring about sustainability and social innovation.
DANSIC22’s goal is to promote the necessity of reclaimed and secondhand materials in making the world a less wasteful place through the “Art of Recycling”.
To learn more about DANSIC and to see our past projects, go to: